Friday, April 6, 2012

Best Nail Polish Trick

One of my peeves about glitter nail polish, and what stops me from wearing it too often is that it's so difficult and messy to remove. Then one day I came across a YouTube video created by Cora (her channel is Vintage Or Tacky, and it's awesome!) the trick she introduced sounded complicated, but I highly recommend you try it because it's really a time saver and reduces the mess of removing any nail polish, but especially glitter polish. So without further ado, the best nail polish remover trick I know


Step 1:
Soak a cotton ball or pad in nail polish remover.

Step 2:
Place the cotton ball directly on the nail then wrap the nail in tin foil. It will look like this. You might need a hand with the last couple fingers, but I managed on my own, so maybe you can too. So, it will look like this.



Step 3:
Wait. There's not much else that you can do with all your fingers covered in tin foil! I waited about 5-10 minutes for 2 coats of nail polish, 2 thick coats of glitter and 1 coat of top coat.

Step 4:
Apply pressure to the outside if the foil over the nail and slide your finger out. If you've waited long enough the polish should slide right off, like this. You can see the glitter underneath and the color base polish on top.


Step 5:
If there is a little bit of polish left on the nail, you can stick your finger nail back in the wrap and rub the rest off.
This method keeps from rubbing your cuticles raw, get thick or glitter polish off easily without a huge mess, and it keeps from getting polish all over your other fingers. I'll especially use this trick when taking red polish off!

Happy Primp Removing!

0 comments :

Post a Comment